Skip to main content

Everlasting Love


"Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?... For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:35, 38, 39
     "God is love" is written upon every opening bud, upon every spire of springing grass. The lovely birds making the air vocal with their happy songs, the delicately tinted flowers in their perfection perfuming the air, the lofty trees of the forest with their rich foliage of living green - all testify to the tender, fatherly care of our God and to His desire to make His children happy. SC 10.1
     Everything God does is done in love toward us. No matter where we are or where we've been, God is love. He only desires what's best for us in every situation. No matter what's going on in your life, you can know that God is love and that he's watching out for you.
     There have been times in my own life when I went through trials, but even then, I can look back and realize that God was there. He knew what was best for me. He knew I needed those trials. He gave me those trials because He loves me.
     There's a song that goes:
     Oh love of God, how strong and true.
Eternal and yet ever new.
Uncomprehended and unbought,
Beyond all knowledge and all thought...
     Isn't God's love so amazing? It says in Jeremiah 31:3 "The Lord hath appeared of old unto me saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with loving kindness have I drawn thee."
God loves us with an everlasting love.
     We have done nothing to deserve His love, and yet He loves us more than we can ever comprehend.
     I know that I have an amazing God, who loves me with an everlasting love. He not only loves me, but he loves every single person who has ever lived. Isn't that a beautiful thought?
Hannah Evert

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Light in the Dark

It’s dark. There’s no moon, and the clouds cover the stars. There is no light whatsoever, and you can’t see anything; not even your hand if you were to put it right in front of your face. You can hear sounds that only the night makes, and you begin to feel a chill creeping in. All you want to be is home! You’re out in the middle of the woods, lost in the darkness. You could find your way home— if only you could see something; anything! But alas, there is no light. All is pitch blackness.  Suddenly, you bump your toe on something. Jumping, you think it’s a wild animal but realize it’s only a rock. Wait a minute, this rock feels funny. You reach down and feel the object carefully, making sure that whatever it is doesn’t decide to bite. Your heart jumps; it’s a flashlight! In your joy you pick it up and fumble around a little. It feels kinda old, but you refuse to let your hopes down. You feel for the switch, and immediately there’s a beam of light stretching in front of you. Hap...

Will You Tell Them?

The day dawns bright like any other day. The sun sends its warm rays down toward earth, birds chirp merrily in the trees, and everyone goes on with their normal everyday lives.      A man and woman get into their brand new car and head to their downtown office to work. They impatiently make their way through slow traffic and finally arrive at their large office. Before long, they are both sitting at their desks, in expensive leather chairs, working on important jobs.      A yellow bus winds its way down the road to an elementary school. The blond curls of a little girl bounce as she chatters merrily with a friend. Soon the bus comes to a stop and they arrive at their destination. The girls skip happily into school, and sit down at their little desks.      Back in the suburbs of the city, a mother and her children start the new day by turning on the TV. The siblings squabble over shows and fight over the remote, and the mother, tired fro...

Open the Door

It was warm and cozy in my room at about 7:00 in the morning. I got up from my bed where I’d been sitting having my devotions and headed out to the kitchen for breakfast. Suddenly, I stopped. Should I leave my door open or keep it closed? I wondered. If I left it closed I’d be able to keep my room warmer for longer, but if I opened it, I would help warm up the rest of the house. I was wondering what to do when, suddenly, a thought popped into my head: It’s kind of like the church.  You might be wondering what my bedroom door has to do with the body of Christ. It’s like this: like my bedroom, the church is warm inside, spiritually. Outside, like the rest of the house, it’s very cold. People outside the church don’t enjoy the warmth that we do.  It made me think. Shouldn’t we, as a church, open our doors to help shed some warmth out on the rest of the world more often than we actually do? Shouldn’t we try to bring souls who are freezing, whether they realize it or not...